Saturday, August 6, 2011

My Sister

So being in Charleston and in Amy's room made me think about how much I love my sweet sister and how special she is to me.  Almost 21 and a half years ago I was waiting for my new baby sister to be born.  Although technically we didn't know if Mama was having a boy or girl I knew that I was going to have a sister.  Sure enough God blessed me with the greatest little sister ever.  We are VERY different and to most people we don't even look alike, but I do love her and I always enjoy HEARING (not participating) about her adventures.  She has some adorable pictures in her room so I took a few "pictures of pictures" to do a little tribute to her.  They didn't turn out the greatest but here is my sister:

My sweet little sister.  (I think Sarah Anne looks so much like her!)

Amy with her balloon which was also her first word!

You can't see it well, but she is with Grandaddy, holding her bat which is bigger than she is!


I love that even though she was 5 years younger we could hang out as best friends!

My very clumsy very adventurous sister had just fallen into this lake, the first time anyone ever had, not really too shocking if you know her.

I do love her!  (Notice the broken wrist, that whole clumsy thing again)

My Maid of Honor when I got married!
Such a fun wonderful girl, how I'm sure would have preferred scaling the lighthouse instead of walking up the stairs.

We share a love for our wonderful grandparents and are so fortunate to love and know all four of them!

My wild sister that will sleep up in trees!  (Remember the broken wrists, this is why I worry about her!)

Despite the fact that she isn't always a kid person, Amy loves Sarah Anne!

Being brave enough to feed the baby!

The wild athlete/biker/runner/fall down and injury herself, but I admire her persistence.

The adventurous Amy!

Amy all by herself camping.  I would never be able to go in the woods by myself!


Pretty sure my child gets her looks from my darling sister!

My inspiration to run crazy distances!


Amy sharing her love of the water with Sarah Anne.

As you can see we are VERY DIFFERENT, but I love my sister and I wouldn't trade her for anyone in the world!

I LOVE YOU AMY LYNN!

No comments:

Post a Comment