Monday, May 4, 2015

~Matthew 12:48-50

Matthew 12:48-50 says, "But He answered and said to the one who told Him, 'Who is My mother and who are My brothers?' And he stretched out His hand toward His disciples and said, 'Here are My mother and My brothers! For whoever does the will of My father in heaven is My brother and sister and mother."  I know these seem like strange verses for the blog, but this past weekend we had a wonderful time packed with friends and wonderful times.  It made me realize how important friends and church family are.  I have an AMAZING family and am very blessed to be a part of it!  That being said living so far away from them can be difficulty and having a church family that has become our "Irmo Family" has been so amazing.  I also got a surprise phone call from my old suite mate from college and she and her family got to come by and our girls got to make new friends with her boys!  Of course that makes me reminisce and remember how strong her faith in God is and all the things I learned from her and admire her as I started college as a young freshman 3 hours away from home.  It's funny when you think about how that was my first journey away from home and the way God taught me during that time to look to His followers as my family He truly was preparing me to move away from my family to start my own family.  I am very thankful to serve a God who cares about the little things and uses His people to truly love and become family!   We had dinner with friends 2 nights in a row (I forgot to take pictures with the Stubbs who are also a blessing as Matt and I can sit and eat dinner and their precious girls watch ours!!), visits from friends, watched Baby Catherine's beautiful dedication (which is a miracle all by itself and made me teary eyed as I thought about how much God has already moved in her little life and used her), and finally Sarah Anne's choir concert.  We serve an awesome God and He has provided us an amazing family (both family and friends).


This baby's hair is WILD!!

SO excited to be swimming!!





























Playing in the nasty water...


Sarah Anne LOVED meeting her new friends!

So I missed Emily and Catherine, but Charlotte cracked me up the whole time!  Becca was very pleased to have her back in Sunday School!!

It makes me so happy that our big girl loves to hold her Daddy's hand

And then my independent child!




The choir pictures were too blurry but we tried!!



No comments:

Post a Comment