Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Hotel Life and Graduation

So a few weeks ago we had a leak that turned into a burst-like pipe that resulted in lots of floor damage/wall removal/mold/our life is a mess!!  But as always God provides and takes care of us.  I was getting very frustrated because the insurance lady wouldn't call me back and so Matt and I checked into a hotel with the girls and got to stay in a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom suite with a kitchen and living area space that the insurance did pick up!  Had I waited, we could have ended up in a normal hotel room which would have not worked for us!!  So although it has been very difficult we have been beyond blessed with friends meeting us for play dates, friends having us to play and have lunch, friends having us over to do laundry and for dinner, and crazy Nanny and Bubby for taking Missy Prissy (and took the girls on a surprise trip to Splash Zone).  While we were experiencing our hotel life our sweet big girl finished up Pre-K.  So we took our last day of school pictures in a hotel room (a time we will not likely ever forget), went to Sarah Anne's program, and then enjoyed a picnic at the park with her classmates.  It was really fun and while it has been a wild ride I could not be happier to do it with my sweet family!!

Our first room

First trip to the pool!





My cute girl


Becca HATED the water at first, but slowly we have it where she LOVES it now!!







This make me laugh!!








Another day of swimming!




Our picnic dinner of pizza at the hotel "patio" area!






Sweet girls playing "Baby and Mommy"








Becca and I had to pack up the room and move into our bigger room.  It only took both carts!!

With the Splash Zone pass!!





Becca still wasn't a fan of the water....we had to bribe her with snacks






FINALLY at the end she liked it!
















Lunch with friends!!





The girls LOVED it!!



Last day of school!!

First Day of Pre-K


Last Day of Pre-K (we had to ride by the house to take a picture)

My babies were worn out!!


These 2 had the hotel staff wrapped around their fingers!  They have made friends with the breakfast people enough that one sweet man bought them presents for Sarah Anne's "Graduation".  I have truly prayed that although it was not a wonderful situation God would use us to be a light and witness where He has placed us.



















My sweet girl singing!

The next time we are at a Pre-K program this girl will be 5 and her sister will be 8!  That is crazy to me, but in the meantime I want to cherish every moment God has blessed me to be their Mama!!


Sarah Anne was blessed with these 2 AMAZING teachers this year!!




Playing with friends!







This is what we walked into.  Our entire kitchen/laundry room in the dining room

The missing wall and zippers on all the doors.

Fun dinner with friends!!



No comments:

Post a Comment