Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Tuesday School Day

So when I had Becca I came up with "school lessons" to keep Sarah Anne and I from watching tv all day.  We really worked on her letters and math skills.  We continued through the summer and I REALLY loved it and she did too.  However, I assumed we would stop when she started preschool.  I was WRONG!!  So far we have done a unit on apples, leaves/fall, and now pumpkins.  It really does give us special time during Becca's first nap of the day and I am amazed at how much she is learning and growing.  When we had her teacher conference Mrs. Hipp said that she was one of her best listeners and Sarah Anne really wants to know what they will be doing and is excited to learn.  I know you can't control your kids and that most of Sarah Anne is just Sarah Anne and her sweet self, but it is exciting to hear that you are doing all you can and that she is thriving....so needless to say school is on!!  Today we talked about pumpkins and their seeds and how they grow.  We made "mud" and planted our seeds, then ate them....

I have a teacher book that has a book and then step by step instructions for making a snack to go with it.  We read The Carrot Seed, then....

Step 1 - Gather the ingredients

Step 2 - Smash the cookies


Step 3 - Shake the pudding and make a grumpy face....

shake pudding and smile!

Step 4 - Plant the seed (peanut)


Step 5 - Add a worm

Here Mom, if I let you have one maybe I can have one too!!

Our little plants!!

No comments:

Post a Comment