Monday, May 7, 2012

Proverbs 17:6

"Grandchildren are the crown of old men".  I know that the Bible talks about the blessing that grandchildren are to their Grandparents, but they are certainly a blessing to their grandchildren.  We had the opportunity to surprise my Mom this weekend in Charleston with Sarah Anne (despite the fact that it didn't completely work the way we wanted too) and also got to see my grandparents.  I know that I probably blog the same thing every time I see either set of my Grandparents, but I am so truly blessed to know each of them and even more that Sarah Anne knows her "Gigi", "Pops", "Grandma", and "Grandaddy".  And she can tell you about each one of them. Even today on the way home she was talking about how Gigi was at home and wasn't taking a nap.  We didn't get to spend a lot of time with them, but we did enjoy the time that we did spend.  Friday night we got to go to the beach, then Saturday was a lot of running around, then that evening we enjoyed dinner and an evening of playing before we left.  Mimi and Uncle Todd also joined us and we had a blast!!  Oh what a blessing family is and how blessed I am to be a part of such a loving and caring family!!  We certainly aren't perfect and have all kinds of crazy things that happened, but I am thankful for a family that loves each other and is there for each other.

SURPRISE NANNY!!!!

Telling Nanny all about things.

Nanny we need to GO!!!

I have some work to do!!

Trying to get Nanny's work done!!

The next day, this was Sarah Anne hanging out with Daddy!!

Here Pops....blow me some bubbles.

Coloring with Gigi!!

Loving on Nanny!!

Very pleased to be with Gigi and Pops!!

Then they added Mimi!!

Silly Mimi wanted to ride the car like Sarah Anne!!

Going for a ride together!!

Our sweet family!!

Hanging out!!


One last picture with Mimi!!

These were my "crafty" Mother's Day gifts.

Sarah Anne's pictures on the clay pots and her "handprint flowers".  They turned out much better than I thought!!


No comments:

Post a Comment