Monday, May 14, 2012

"A Friend Loves at All Times"

My favorite verse has always been Proverbs 17:17, "A friend loves at all times".  It is basic and seems simple, but recently I've realized just how important it is.  Friendship is something that is extremely important to me and God has taught me a lot about friendships.  A verse that seems to be coming up a lot in sermons, Bible Study, Focus on the Family, etc is Matthew 22: 36-39, "'Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?'  Jesus said to him, 'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.  This is the first and great commandment.  And the second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'"  Friendship is a large part of loving your neighbor as yourself.  I value my friends and have realized and worked through many different types of friendship.  God has shown me that there are friends that are fun to be with and good acquaintances and friends that are always there for me and help me grow in my relationship with Christ.  There are friendships that I have dropped the ball on and friendships that God has shown me are not healthy for me.  God is really growing my definition of what a friend is and how to be a better one.  I have had close friends through the years and although we may not talk or see each other (sometimes years at a time), these friends are one that I love and they hold a special place in my heart. One such friend was my Junior college roommate Brownie.  After probably 3-4 years of not seeing each other, we were able to catch up and it was as if no time had passed at all.  Sarah Anne LOVED meeting Brownie and was very pleased to show her how to play!!  I know I wrote a TON, but I really felt like I should share about the importance of friendship and what God has really taught me.  Here are the pictures of Brownie...

Teach me how to use your phone!!

Oh we can take my picture!!

OUTSIDE NOW!!!

CHEESE!!!

Outside we went to blow bubbles!!

My excellent bubble blower!

Blowing bubbles together!!

Friendships are a wonderful and special thing, the most important thing to remember is that, "A friend loves at all time".

No comments:

Post a Comment