Tuesday, June 5, 2012

GO RIGDONS GO!!!

So I am WAY behind on blogging, so there will be several coming in the next few days.  We have had a wonderful family reunion with my Mom's family, Memorial Day with friends, a trip to DC for Matt and I, which means Sarah Anne had time with Nanny and Bubby.  But for now, we will focus on the Rigdon Family Reunion.  When my Grandparents lived in Beaufort, every summer (at least once) all of my cousins (11 in all) and aunts and uncles would get together and we'd have cookouts, play sports, swim, and just have a blast being all together.  This was really neat for me, especially since my other Grandparents lived there also and would come with some of my Hirschmann aunts, uncles, and cousins.  Anyway, when my Mom's parents left Beaufort the reunion tradition left too and until Memorial Day weekend we hadn't really had one since.  So we all met at Elijah Clark State Park (a pretty central location for everyone) and had a BLAST!!  Not everyone made it, but there were still the majority of us.  It was wonderful reconnecting with everyone and of course Sarah Anne loved playing with all her cousins!  Ok, enough talking here are the pictures!!

Coloring with Daddy, Clayton, and Mamie!!!

Then watching some Max and Ruby....putting off bedtime as long as she can!!

The next morning NANNY AND BUBBY WERE THERE!!

Hanging out with her sweet cousins!!

Riding to see everyone.

Pancakes and bacon for breakfast!!

Granddaddy and two of his sweet girls!!

Swimming!!

What is over there??


WOAH don't let go Clayton!!

Sweet friends!!

MONKEYS!!!!

I love my Granddaddy!!!

Daddy the water is over there!!

Playing beach volleyball!!  I was always too young to play, but not anymore!!


SUPER excited about playing!!

Clayton took the family pictures and Sarah Anne didn't want him not to be in a picture so we had to take a picture that he was included in!!

Grandma was so sweet and had cupcakes for all of the kids!!

And back at the beach playing in the sand!!

Eating dinner waiting to play....Minute to Win It!

Getting a little snack in before the games!!

Mama and Grandma going at it!

That is some intense focus!!

I won!!  This is a 25+ year competition we have going so its a big deal that I won!!

This is my favorite picture!!

Can you tell?  I loaded it twice accidentally!

The wagon train!!

Rocking with Granddaddy!!

Everybody playing!!

Listening to the lady about the Revolutionary War.

Hanging out with Diane!!!

Everyone walking back after the tour!!

Sarah Anne with her new buddies Joe and Diane!!

Then some hugs and kisses to say good-bye!!

Then the big girl got to ride back to our cabin in the back of Bubby's truck!!

We had a wonderful time and it was so great catching up with everyone.  I am very blessed to be a part of such a wonderful family that although we may not see each other often, we are always there for each other!!



No comments:

Post a Comment